Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
IngredientsFor the Base & Crumble Topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats or large flake oats (not quick oats or instant oats)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
For the Blueberry Layer
- 2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen – see baking time adjustment if using frozen
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed (use 1 tablespoon if using frozen berries)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with aluminium foil and grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour oatmeal granulated sugar 1/4 cup brown sugar cinnamon and salt. Gently stir in the melted butter & egg yolk.
- Remove 1 cup of the mixture.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together all the ingredients for the blueberry layer. Spoon over top of the base oatmeal cookie mixture in the pan.
- To the reserved 1 cup of oatmeal mixture stir in the 1 additional tablespoon of brown sugar. Crumble the mixture over top of the blueberry layer. I like to form big crumbles by squeezing it in my fist.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes or until you see the blueberries bubbling and the top crumble turning golden brown. If you used frozen berries the bake time will be 50-55 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully to room temperature (at least 3 hours) before cutting into the bars. Bars are easiest to cut when they re cold using a sharp knife.
- This article adapted from this site
This article adapted from this site