Peach Upside Down Mini Cakes
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon (90gr) unsalted butter softened
- 6 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 3 peaches
- 1 ½ cups (190gr) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (130gr) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120ml) buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177° C). Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide 1 tablespoon of butter equally into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of brown sugar into each muffin cup.
- Slice 1-2 peaches into thin slices. Put about 3 slices into the bottom of each muffin pan.
- Cut the remaining peaches into small cubes. You should get about 1 cup of cubed peaches. Set aside.
- To make the batter in a small bowl whisk together flour baking powder baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment beat the remaining 1/3 cup of butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat for another 2-3 minutes or until well combined. The mixture should be fluffy and white.
- Add half of the flour mixture into the batter beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in the buttermilk and beat for another minute.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and beat just until combined.
- Fold in the cubed peaches.
- Divide the batter into 12 muffin pan cups. I like to use this large cookie scoop.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes in the pan for 5 minutes. Place the wire rack over the muffin pan and carefully turn the pan upside down to remove the cakes. Cool completely before serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site