Overnight French Toast Recipe
- 1 loaf day old french bread (sour dough or challah work great too about 10 cups)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 7 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter (cubed)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup berries (I used frozen)
- Grease a 9×13? casserole dish and set aside.
- Cut the french bread loaf into cubes and layer evenly in the pan. You should have about 2 layers. Beat the milk eggs brown sugar cinnamon and salt in a medium size bowl. Then pour evenly over the bread making sure it covers each piece. Cover with foil and refrigerate over night or at least 3 hours.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the butter flour and brown sugar with a pastry cutter or two knives. Use your hands if needed to make crumbs. Cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350°F. Add the crumb topping on top of the bread and then evenly disperse the berries on top. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the center is cooked through.
- Enjoy by itself or topped with syrup.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE