Old Fashioned Easy Apple Crisp
- 6 golden delicious apples peeled and chopped (other varieties can be used can also be sliced)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter diced into small cubes
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Butter an 8×8 baking dish or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add chopped apples granulated sugar 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir to combine then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl add topping ingredients (brown sugar oats flour 1 tsp cinnamon salt and diced cold butter). Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the oat mixture using a slight downward twisting motion until mixture resembled pea-sized crumbs. Alternatively you can use two forks or even your hands to cut butter into the mixture.
- Spread topping over apples in baking dish and gently pat to even it out. Bake 40-50 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
This article adapted from this site