Honey Cream Cheese Biscuits
INGREDIENTSFOR THE BISCUITS
- 2 3/4 cups (358 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (113 grams) cream cheese cut into 1/2-inch pieces cold
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter cut into pieces cold
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) buttermilk
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (113 grams) honey
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour baking powder baking soda and salt. Stir with a whisk. Using a pastry blender cut the butter and cream cheese into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir the buttermilk into the flour until combined. (The dough might appear to be slightly dry.)
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead just until the dough comes together. (Handle the dough as little as possible.)
- Roll the dough out into an 8-inch circle. Cut the dough using a 2-inch circle biscuit cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Gently re-roll any leftover dough to cut more biscuits if needed.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Brush with melted honey butter and bake for another 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy them warm.
FOR THE HONEY BUTTER
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in honey until well combined.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here