Easy Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries thawed
- Optional: Additional whipped topping and pretzels
- In a bowl combine the pretzels butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling in a small bowl beat whipped topping cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in strawberries with syrup; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill until firm 4-6 hours. Cut into squares; serve with additional whipped topping and pretzels if desired.
This article and recipe adapted from this site