Easy Chicken Marinade Recipe
- 700g / 1.4 lb chicken breast tenderloins or thigh (Note 1)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or any oil)
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or rosemary thyme minced herbs)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- Finely chopped parsley
- Lemon slices
- Recommended: Pound breast to even thickness using a meat pounder rolling pin or fist. OR cut large ones in half horizontally to form 2 cutlets (steaks) for each.
- Mix marinade in a ziplock bag (or container in which chicken fits snugly). Add chicken.
- Marinate 3 hours to overnight though even 30 minutes is effective. (Note 2)
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken per times below until deep golden (see video). If browning too quickly lower heat.
- Transfer to serving plate cover loosely with foil and rest for 3 minutes before serving garnished with parsley and lemon slices if desired.
- Whole breast and boneless thighs: 3 – 4 minutes each side (internal temp 165F/75C)
- Cutlets and tenderloin – 2 minutes each side
This article and recipe adapted from this site