#best #strawberry #pretzel #salad #parfaits
- 12-14 fresh strawberries washed with tops cut off and diced
- 2 tsp Dixie Crystal s granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- scant 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Dixie Crystal s light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp Adam s Extract vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Adam s Extract imitation strawberry extract
- Add the strawberries to a bowl. Sprinkle the sugar over top stirring to coat. Refrigerate the strawberries for 30 minutes. Don t skip this step the sugar helps them release their natural sugar and juices.
- Pulse the pretzels in a food processor just until broken into small pieces- but NOT pulverized. We want some crunch and that means some chunks. Add the melted butter and cinnamon pulsing another time or two- just until evenly combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer whip the cream just until stiff peaks have formed. Don t over mix or you ll end up with butter instead. Using a whisk stir in the brown sugar and extracts until evenly combined.
- In your cups add a layer of the cream mixture strawberries then pretzels. Repeat. Top each cup off with a bit of whipped cream and a slice of strawberry and a pretzel. Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site